Kane County Government
How Do I


Kane County Development and Community Services Department

Development and Community Services​

Community Services

The Community Services section of the Development & Community Services Department includes the administration of cable television issues, address assignments, and dangerous building demolition for the unincorporated areas of the county.  Special projects and community assistance activities are also undertaken by this division.

Cable Television
Kane County is the franchiser for cable television services in the unincorporated areas only.  Cable television subscribers are encouraged to direct all questions regarding billing, services and installation to the cable customer service phone number on their cable television bill. For any unresolved complaints or concerns, call 630-232-3482.

Address Assignment
Address assignments are made at the time a building permit is issued.  For questions regarding previously assigned address numbers, call 630-232-3482.  Recorded Streets and Roads Outside of All Municipalities (.pdf).  Recorded Subdivisions Outside of All Municipalities (.pdf).

Dangerous Building Demolition
For questions or complaints concerning buildings in the unincorporated areas of Kane County which appear to present a danger to the public, call 630-232-3482.

Special Projects
Occasionally special projects of a community service nature are undertaken by this division.